Quintessential Bali with its mountainous islands, beaches and religious temples exhibit more than the vision of paradise but a tropical state of mind. Visiting the lively and touristy island of Indonesia for the first time gave us the ultimate spirit of adventure. With so much temples to explore, beaches to visit and food to try, it was easy to fully immerse ourselves in the typical Balinese way of life and experience Bali’s rich culture. Our one week trip was a unique experience where we uncovered unique beaches, local cafés, bars and restaurants.
Here are 6 of the most Extraordinary places we visited in Bali.
Sea Circus- Is a creative name for an organic restaurant with very delicious food. The playful and relaxing atmosphere makes this restaurant one you cannot miss in Bali. It’s almost as though you’re enjoying the feat of a live circus. This cafe is very alive and is a feat on all your senses. Make sure to try their coconut coffee and dragon bowl. Their freshly brewed coconut coffee leaves remnants of thick coconut milk behind. Sea Circus is located at 22 Jalan Kayu Aya Seminyak, Bali.
2. Potato Head Beach Club- Entering this place was like going for a ride in Disneyland. Potato Head is the place to visit if you are looking for unique artisinal and Instagram-worthy cocktails. It’s all about presentation? They ensure that all their cocktails are elaborately decorated with bamboo or with pearly shells. Fitting for a beach club right at the beachfront. What’s more is that they have a sit down bar in the interior of the pool. So you can relax, while enjoying your cocktail. This is located at Jl. Petitenget No. 51B, Seminyak, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung, Bali.
3. Strawberry Fields– A nature lovers’ haven and the perfect place for tropical and fresh vitality bowls. What’s amazing about Bali is that you don’t have to look far and wide to get the freshest ingredients. Their Strawberry Acai Power Bowl is an energy boost that will keep you fueled throughout the entire day. Don’t forget to try their scrumptious Wagyu Burger with fries on the side. Strawberry Field is located in Jl. Batu Belig, Kuta Utara, Kabupaten Badung, Bali.
4. Double-Six Rooftop– How can a rooftop beachfront bar with tanks filled with baby sharks not be part of our extraordinary places to visit in Bali list? Aside from the breathtaking scenery and relaxing ambiance, events are normally scheduled twice a week. Luckily for us we attended jazz night and was right in time for happy hour at 7:30. The band made all the difference. We recommend heading to Double Six for sunset to catch the golden hour. The drinks were tasteful and better than most cocktail places in Bali. Double-Six Rooftop is located at Jl. Arjuna No. 66, Seminyak, Bali.
5. Motel Mexicola– Imagine being pulled aside in the middle of dinner for a line dance! The energy and hype of the people is just one of the aspects that makes Motel Mexicola so vibrant. First time in Bali and looking for more than just your soft shell crab tacos? Motel Mexicola is about more than just good food, service and atmosphere, its about the whole experience. Feel a touch of real Mexico in Indonesia with live dancing, singing, burritos, tacos and so much more… Motel Mexicola is located at Jl Kayu Jati No 9, Petingenget Beach, Seminyak.
6. Cafe Organic- The ultimate spot for “Garden Gangstas”, the name says it all. Again, freshly organic food. Our favorite was their Matcha Pancakes topped with fresh blueberries. Not blueberry preserves, but all-natural goodness. ♥ Cafe Organic is located at Badung, Jl. Petitenget No.99, Kabupaten Badung, Bali,